February 4, 2009

Shoots and Ladders

I've been part of that unfortunate group lately who's had a multi-week (and multi-faceted) cold virus. It's no fun... starting off like a regular cold, mine's gone from better to a little cough, to a long cough, to a just plain nasty cough, back to a regular cold but still with the nasty cough. I could sum up how I feel about this in one of Paul's phrases: "Stupid stupid stupid!" I just feel yucky.


There is a definite upside to life though, and that is laughter. Ashley says she just hangs out with me because I laugh at everything- this is true. Even when I'm mad I laugh (and this usually makes me more upset). Sometimes it's the most inappropriate things that make me giggle ("The Count Censored" video on Youtube, for example- I didn't giggle at that one as much as I cried laughing)... or the best timed joke makes me burst out in glee. Sometimes jokes take me a second (I can be real slow sometimes) but I still laugh; I also laugh just as much the second time as the first (but not the third time- then it's just old). I laugh at myself (tonight I made a giant idiot out of myself in front of the kids I babysit for the Greek class- let's just say I started standing up but ended on my back staring at the ceiling... not on purpose...)... I just love to laugh! Anyway, Monday night I was at Parker's and his mom was cutting his hair in the backyard and when she was finished she said to him, "Okay, now take your shirt off and shake it." Parker replied, "If I only had a nickel for every time someone's said that to me..." and it still makes me laugh every time I think about it. Oy, am I silly or what?

Since my ride-along I have been having dreams with me shooting guns a la Angelina Jolie in Mr. and Mrs. Smith and similar... this is not normal. I generally do not care about guns- neither anti nor pro- so this is a weird occurrence. Parker declares I am a hippie liberal who is anti-guns (he decided this when he discovered I loaned out a book by Noam Chomsky from the library) but you shouldn't believe him for a second. Guns are...guns. That's about all I've thought about them and I'd like my normal dreams back now, please and thank you!

Paul's court date is Thursday. Hopefully it doesn't get continued again.

The Nyquil should be kicking in any second...

~VL~

1 comment:

Ashley said...

ok..so maybe you laughing at whatever I say isnt the only reason I hang out with you. but its a good one! and the think about parker taking off his shirt and shaking it is hilarious. I seriously laughed out loud. or lol..whatever.