November 12, 2011

35 Weeks

Wow, I was just looking at the difference between this photo and the last one I posted of myself. This child has exploded! I'm starting to realize that this little guy could probably show up anytime now and this is both exciting and freaking me out. Weirdly, it isn't the idea of giving birth that is freaking me out, but the idea of being a mom while still learning to be a wife (I know we're almost two years in, but I feel like a complete novice sometimes!). There are a lot of factors that go into feeling this way but the main one is just that I want to be perfect at everything do as best as I can for my guys- and, like with everything else, I just need to remind myself to take it one day at a time. I'm not very good at that, but I have a feeling that having this baby will force me to learn and I'm up for the challenge.

Let's see, what's new this week. Well, people aren't asking me if I'm pregnant anymore; instead, they're asking me how much longer I have to go! Tonight at Olive Garden, a nice older lady patted my stomach (I didn't like it, but she gets a free pass) and said, "This is your first, yes? Ah, I remember that. Your body starts going places you didn't even know it could go, and that is down. Yes, it surely does." [Insert my nervous laughter here.]

We have our doctor's appointment on Monday, after which Parker and I are heading down to Disneyland for our "babymoon". While I can't enjoy many of the rides, I will be enjoying pretzels, Cheesecake Factory, the Rainforest Cafe, and cable in our hotel room and it will be magical to see Disneyland decorated for Christmas. It reminds me of the very first time Parker took me to Disneyland and I love going there during the holidays. Oh, and my birthday is on Thursday! I love my birthday!

Until next time!
Leave a comment here!

~VP~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have a great blog! congratulation you look amazing :)

http://girlynote.blogspot.com