July 17, 2008

Those Words Are Not Enough


I'm liking this picture a lot...I'm always on the hunt for some awesome photo! Today it's summing up a lot of emotions, feelings, and situations that are going on with me: appreciation for God's creation (especially the ocean, sun, and cool breezes), discipline of body, and joy. Maybe this guy on the left isn't jumping for joy... but that's what I feel looking at it. In this next photo (below), I see freedom. The expression of happiness is definitely an emotion I'd like
 to duplicate right now (complete with glorious green field and deep blue sky). However, I don't think running through the apartment right now would adequately do the job. Time to find a field... I totally know where one is, too... but it's in Germany...!  Okay, so what's up with all this photo-expressing-how-I-feel business? Well, I'm not sure can really come up with any words right now. When I try to come up with words when I don't really have any, I ramble and that's unprofitable for everyone. So I have pictures today. Oh, and a song.

Ocean
Ten Shekel Shirt

Lately, I've been thinking about You
And lately, I've been dreaming of You
And lately, I can't get You out of my head
Get You out of my head

Something about the ocean
Makes  me rise up and praise;
Something about the heavens
Makes me stand in awe again.
Something about the sunrise
Reminds me of Your faithfulness;
Something about the ocean
And I'm lost in love again.

I'll sing until I sense a smile
Upon Your great and lovely face
And 'til I know Your glory's in this place
Your glory's in this place.

Okay, a little journaling (with words now)! Yesterday after babysitting I went into Starbucks (they're starting to learn my name and automatically punched in my Iced Black Tea in the register yesterday! Uh oh...). Pulling into the parking lot, I saw Cassie's car. When I walked in, Tiffany was there as well! I was really excited, not having talked in-depth with either one of them for a while. Well, Cassie and Tiffany were having a talk, so I put my headphones in and listened to music. A couple times, though, I couldn't help but watch the conversation with no sound. I'm sure that Tiffany is one of the most beautiful people I know, inside and out. Her love for others and willingness to be there, her personality, her love for her family...her encouragement and sense of humor! Our youth group and church is so blessed to have her serving alongside James in ministry. Cassie and I, over time, have come to very similar places in life. So eventually I joined in the conversation and was really encouraged and blessed by both Tiffany and Cassie. Actually, Cassie and I went to Applebee's to catch up and have a general gabfest...I hope we're able to do it again. It was really encouraging to have a someone on the same level and place in life, with the same struggles, to talk with. And, of course, Tiffany to help advise us and laugh at us a bit! Always good.

To end, today I was reading Psalm 65, and verses five through eight have been on my mind all day. 

5) By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us,
O God of our salvation,
You who are the confidence of all the ends of the earth.
And of the far-off seas;
6) Who established the mountains by His strength,
Being clothed with power;
7) You who still the noise of the seas,
The noise of their waves,
And the tumult of the peoples.
8) They also who dwell in the farthest parts are afraid of Your signs;
You make the outgoings of the morning and evening rejoice. 



No comments: