June 5, 2010

The Musings of a Late-Night Hotel Employee

The check-ins have arrived. The phone isn't ringing. Everything is in its place. Can it really be this quiet in the lobby?
Now in the middle of my second month working at a happenin' Pismo Beach hotel, these are the thoughts that cross my mind towards the end of my shift. Mr. What's-Happening (as Chef Rick calls my husband) maintains that I took a reservation call in my sleep. And the thing is, I know he's right! Especially in my first month, I would have dreams almost every night practicing reservations or using the computer system. It really isn't fair that my job should poke its head into what should be the most peaceful and relaxing parts of my day...bah humbug.
-VP-

2 comments:

Morgan Jane said...

Ugh. I hate when you work so hard on something (school, work, etc...) and then you dream about it. I never wanted to be at work 8 hours a day and then dream about it for another 8. Bah humbug indeed. At least the job is going well. Could the job curse be ended?!?!?!?!

Veralynn said...

One can only hope! The curse is broken! :)