February 12, 2011

Yay. Blerg. I Don't Know.



On particularly ill-fated mornings, I wake up feeling like Liz Lemon. (If you don't know who that is, call me and I will let you borrow 30 Rock immediately.) She has this inner fabulous self, I'm sure, but it's usually hidden behind Scrunchies (bad hair day), under over-sized sweats (not exactly feeling svelte- maybe I should go for a run), and somewhere between the first and third doughnut (oh, what's the point). She makes social faux pas and consequently finds solace in soft pretzels- are you seeing the connection? It's a good thing that Mr. Parker loves me just as I am and encourages me to put my best foot forward and make the best of each day, otherwise it would be ridiculously easy to make Liz Lemon days a daily occurrence.

It feels good to finally collapse in bed tonight. I've started a new job, and I'm really enjoying it. I also applied for an events management internship with Nike at their Santa Barbara office so it would be amazing if that worked out. During the Job of the Shoes, I was working sixty hours some weeks and now it's going down to less than twenty at less pay. I don't have anything else to do occupy my time right now while Mr. Parker is working so much, so in an attempt to offset my stir-craziness I'm going to have to either find some hobbies or another job. Maybe both.

Highlight of the Week: last Saturday, I witnessed something incredible. My first cousin (ever) was born. There was so much happening at the time- helping Verissa through her contractions as much as I could by holding her head up and keeping her forehead cool, feeling different emotions as I watched Tabitha and my grandma's face- a combination of elation and concern- and suppressing the urge to sing along to Mamma Mia, which was playing on the TV. When Bella was born, there was hugging and kissing and exclamations, but I couldn't get over how one minute she wasn't born, and the next minute there she was! In any case, she was perfectly beautiful and the whole thing was just...well, you know...amazing.
Leave a comment here! (Or simply click on the title of this post.)
~VLP~

No comments: