January 13, 2012

Life With Miles- Week 2

Two weeks already! It's hard to believe, and it already seems like my sweet little baby is starting to grow up. He's changed so much in these fourteen days- his face is starting to change a bit and he's growing like a champ (he was already at eight pounds, thirteen ounces at eleven days old). When he's awake, he sticks his neck out curiously- he kind of looks like a turtle- and takes everything in with wide eyes. It really is the cutest thing.

This week we took our first trip away from home and ventured a few hours south. It was also our second anniversary, which we celebrated with a nice dinner out (accompanied by a sleeping munchkin in the stroller next to us). Even away from home, Miles slept wonderfully in his stroller bassinet. We enjoyed all the shopping and restaurants in the area- there was even a Cinnabon nearby! (We don't have a Cinnabon anywhere near us, which is probably a good thing now that I think about it.)

It's good to be home, though. Parker and I were both laughing so hard last night as we gave Milo a bath- it must have felt liberating to be diaper-free, and he certainly took advantage of the feeling. Afterward, we cuddled him in his hooded bear towel and he looked so content. Miles is doing great at sleeping at night- he usually sleeps one five-hour stretch followed by two three-hour stretches, eating in between. This definitely makes me a happy mama!

So, I have about four weeks left before my post-partum checkup with Dr. K- I can't wait to get the green light to start exercising again. I'm already below my pre-pregnancy weight and fit in all my jeans- it's a miracle! I have no idea how this happened but it is an encouragement because towards the end of my pregnancy I was sure I'd never be able to fit in any of my old clothes once Milo got here.

So, here we are at two weeks: working on our routine, and still soaking up all these moments with our little son. Good times.

Leave a comment here!
~VP~

No comments: