Weirdly, I've been having more cravings now post-pregnancy than I did before Miles arrived. These cravings include peanut M&Ms, peanut butter, soda (bad, Veralynn, bad), and chocolate chip cookies. I'm allowing myself to indulge a bit until my six-week postpartum checkup with Dr. K; once I get the thumbs up to start exercising again, I plan on being a bit more disciplined with my diet and exercise.
I wanted to share some of the baby items that I've found most useful in the first month of Miles's arrival. These are what I like to call My Favorite (Baby) Things. Let's go clockwise starting from the upper left-hand corner.
- The UppaBaby Vista- this stroller has not disappointed us yet; in fact, quite the opposite. The bassinet works wonderfully as a little bed for Miles when we're away from home, the base is easy to get in and out of the car, and the carseat snaps so easily in and out without causing a stir if Miles is asleep. It feels like you're pushing air and I can even maneuver it with one hand! I use this stroller all the time and it is worth having.
- A breastfeeding pillow- what can I say, Miles is my chunk o' love and I was having a hard time positioning him well and holding him to eat without it (another reason to exercise- lack of upper body strength). I don't want to tell you the name of it because it's so ridiculous...oh fine, it's called My Brest Friend. Ugh! I hate even typing that out. Barf.
- A good swaddle blanket- Miles loves this at night and helps him get to sleep. 'Nuff said!
- Nature Babycare diapers- these are so awesome! They aren't perfumed, they are biodegradable, we've never had any leaks, and they fit great.
- The Balboa Baby ring sling- the only sling I've successfully used with Miles so far. Grocery shopping was easy with him cuddled in the sling!
- Last but not least, the Como Tomo bottle- it's the best! Miles loves it. It's a little pricey but worth being able to have a bottle that Miles will take and not upset his tummy in the process.
From this point, I think I'm going back to posts as I feel like writing and maybe monthly posts on Miles. We'll see, though- it's been fun writing about the different changes I'm noticing each week. I'm so happy to have this little guy in my life, and I can't wait to experience each milestone of his development.
I'm just so happy!
Leave a comment here!