May 19, 2008

Completely Illogical= Totally Me

I'm back from Tennessee, I'm looking for jobs...and BAM. I get sick. Why this is, I do not know. My voice is almost completely gone and I really want to go out with Mrs. Giorgi today. Ha, we'll see how that goes. When my voice goes up slightly, my voice squeaks. I can't yell! This sucks. I suggest if you have any riffs with me, now would be the time to get 'em out. I can't defend myself!
Yesterday was Hannah's going away party...there were lots of people there that I haven't seen in a long time. Amanda, Carl, the very first guy I ever danced with at a Civil War dance who left me mid-dance because he didn't understand the steps...(Oh yeah...that was embarrassing.) It was nice to see them...didn't really talk to them, though. I always feel slightly awkward at these parties, especially now. I never really fit in with the groups within the youth/college group. I'm really disconnected...and that's due in part to the fact that a once-trusted friend told one-person-who-told-all-his-friends that I said some hurtful things about him and a person that means a lot to him. I don't even want to defend myself- it isn't worth the effort...because if you think that I said something (and heard it from one of your close friends), I'm not going to convince you otherwise. Situations like these make it easier to understand Jesus when He was on trial with all kinds of totally false accusations...and He never said a word in His own defense. With me, it's not that I'm blameless- it's the fact that no one came and even asked me if what they heard was true.

To be continued, Mrs. Giorgi is coming!

No comments: