January 20, 2009

There's Only So Much Of Nothing I Can Take

... and it's not very much. I guess something I've realized lately (reinforced by Dad in a recent conversation) is that I'm an all-or-nothing girl. Recently I've felt that  the private, personal aspects of my relationship with God are leaning more towards nothing than all. Other parts of it are doing well- I love love love Sundays for just the time that I get to spend with church family and close friends, under one roof, worshiping  God together, learning about His promises and how we can bring Him everything we have every day of our lives. Ministry through the Late Service is so meaningful and I am totally committed to serving God through that outlet. This last weekend I was really sick with a nasty cold- for the morning service I was miserable and Parker got some medicine and Vitamin Water and took me home so I could rest. I fell asleep and woke up feeling just the same and knew that I couldn't play at Late Service that night. Spending that time at home was definitely not the way I wanted to spend Sunday night, but it did give me a lot of time to think. And what I realized is that, as bad as it sounds, maybe the way I look at Sunday is all wrong. I'm involved in all the ministry, the fellowship, the worship, and figure it will get me through the week. To be completely honest, my spiritual life Monday through Saturday is pretty pitiful. And it's gotten to the point where I can't ignore how it's affecting my relationship with God. 


Today marked the inauguration of a new President. All over the news, a word has been repeated again and again. What's the word on the street? Change. And, with diligence and support, a change for the better- for the best.


~V.L.~

No comments: