May 27, 2011

Currently Reading (Again): Diane von Furstenberg's "Book of Beauty"

One of my favorite thrift store rituals is to go through the book section. Although often futile, sometimes I find gems tucked between numerous discarded copies of The South Beach Diet and dusty 1980s romance novels. A few years ago, I picked up a copy of Diane von Furstenberg's Book of Beauty and found it extremely informative and interesting- especially considering the book was published in 1976! She writes of many things like exercise and healthy eating, all the way down to the specifics of applying makeup, but I found her chapters on making the most of our time (yet taking a day each week to just relax) and being confident in our life choices the most enjoyable. The tidbits and photos she includes about her early life, loves, and career in fashion are an added bonus.

Definitely worth the $1.99 I paid for this hidden gem!

Leave a comment here!

~VP~

No comments: