April 30, 2009

Up With (or Even Before) the Sun

As aforementioned in a previous blog, I started my new job this week. While I love this job immensely (more on that later), it's been super hard adjusting to my new schedule of waking up at 4:30 in the a.m. for work. Combine that with me trying to keep my normal bedtime of eleven or midnight, and you've got one sleepy Veralynn. This afternoon after work, I was so tired I accidentally fell asleep at McDonald's after barely resting my head on my hand (the TV in the restaurant was tuned into CNN though, so that could be a contributing factor). This led me to the conclusion that I need more sleep. So ta da! I'm going to bed at 10 p.m. instead of midnight or later.

I've made a small pro list (instead of a pros and cons- I just need the pros here, to cheer me up and convince myself that waking up at such an indecent hour is worthwhile) of reasons I could possibly enjoy my early morning rides:

  1. Each morning I see the Pacific Ocean, it brings a smile to my face.
  2. The scenery other than the ocean is also quite beautiful and really helps me appreciate the area of the world I live in.
  3. I can listen to at least one full Master's College podcast on my iPod and/or do a devotional on the way.
  4. Lots of time for morning prayer.
  5. Seeing on-duty Parker at the airport before I have to get on the bus.
So that's that! Tomorrow is Friday, and while I love all the kids I've met so far...I'm not going to lie- I'm looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday.


~VL~

No comments: