June 29, 2012

This Week the Trend: Baby-Led Weaning (and Clinique)

I realized the other day that my "This Week the Trend" favorites are dramatically different from what I would've been reaching for a year or two years ago. To think I would care so much about detergent is laughable, but I can't help it. I want Miles to have the best.

This week, I've been reaching for two things. The first is The Baby-Led Weaning Cookbook. The premise of this book is introducing food to babies in the same form that we adults eat it- at developmentally appropriate intervals, of course- and to include them at mealtime by letting them eat what we eat. Miles will be six months tomorrow (!) and has been trying to grab food off my plate for at least the last couple of weeks- I have to say, I'm truly looking forward to starting Miles's culinary journey. This is partially because it will help me eat more fruit and vegetables (I don't really think food is a parenting area I'd like to implement the mantra "Do as I say, not as I do") and partially because I feel it will be crazy and messy and fun.

For those of you who couldn't care less about how I'm going about feeding my kid (hey, it's understandable), let me tell you about my new friend- Clinique's Even Better Dark Spot Corrector. I haven't even used it for a week yet, but I can tell an improvement in my overall skin tone already. We'll see if it helps with the magnitude of freckles I have!

So, what've you been reaching for this week? "This Week the Trend" is a way to showcase your current must-have that you find yourself reaching for constantly: it could be a book you can't put down, new music, a product for yourself/home/babies, fashion find, etc! Here are the rules:

1. Kindly link to your specific post, not your blog's main page.
2. Please link back to me- grab a button!
3. Spread the blog love and click on any of the links below- who knows, maybe you'll find your next favorite thing!




(Note: This week I'm also linking up with Naptime Review and her Favorite Product Fridays!)



2 comments:

Kelly said...

So glad you stopped by my blog! This is a great linky party, I will definitely link up when I have a relevant post.
Have a great 4th,
~Kelly

lisacng said...

Following our baby's cues is always a great idea. It's a fun transition, liquids to solids. The first time we didn't have to puree something was awesome! And now we don't have to cut food into teeny tiny portions. We can go out to eat (:O!). Still watching the temperature so it's not too hot, and nothing spicy. Kids will definitely show you if they don't like something. BUT, don't get discouraged b/c I've read that it can take SEVERAL times of tasting a food before actually wanting to swallow it. Actually, my 2-yr old spit out his dinner at first bite. I ignored it. He eventually went back to eating and asked for more. Kids. Mysteries. You'll see!! FUN!