May 13, 2012

My First Mother's Day

Today I got to experience my very first Mother's Day with my baby boy! Although he did exist this time last year (the size of a peanut or something similar), it's so much more fun to be able to cuddle and hold him as we celebrated today.

My day started after a full night's rest- Parker took care of Miles during the night so I could get uninterrupted sleep- and we all sat together in bed. I was directed to the kitchen, where a sweet message was written to me from my guys in alphabet magnet letters on the refrigerator pointing to a card and some of my favorite treats, chocolate chip cookies and chocolate covered cherries. Parker even brought me a pretzel! (Is it bad that most of my treats were food? Probably.)

We met up with my mom, brother, and sisters at Red Lobster and exchanged presents while we enjoyed a tasty lunch. Miles was all grins and behaved like a perfect little gentleman; afterward, we went to Parker's parents house to spend time with his family.

I'm so thankful for the mothers in my life; the more I go through as a wife and young mom, the more I appreciate what they've experienced and the knowledge they are passing on to me as Miles grows. Over the last year or so, I've learned so much about my own mom's inner strength and determination through some of the worst circumstances our family has ever experienced. I enjoy being able to talk to her about what's going on in our lives and see her not only as my mom, but as a friend. She means so much to me!

I hope you've all had a wonderful Mother's Day- I've definitely taken time today to reflect on the women who have made such an important impact in my life from childhood until now and hope I can be as motherly and supportive an influence to Miles as they have been to me.

Leave a comment here!
~VP~

No comments: