May 29, 2012

Taking Time to Just Be


Like I mentioned in a recent post, I'm working on taking better care of my skin. And, as a new mama, I think it's important to take time to pamper yourself (is it scary that the first thing that comes to mind now when I write the word "pamper" is diapers?), relax, and be refreshed. Whether I do this once a week and have a DIY spa day or take a moment before bed to indulge in my favorite new moisturizer (Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in Vanilla Apricot), it just feels good. Of course, it's not every day I find a Sephora gift card in the mailbox, so here are few other ways I take time to slow down and just be.




Read. I find that reading calms my mind from racing a million different directions.
Pray. When I notice frustration setting in or I see Miles is having a hard day, it's easy to feel overwhelmed. Taking a moment to pray and recognize what I'm thankful for and to refocus on what's important helps me to get over those hurdles with a clear head and happy spirit.
Exercise. Going for a walk, enjoying a yoga class, or taking advantage of naptime to get in a long overdue workout- some days it's a struggle against myself to get off the couch, but I know how good I feel afterward and that is a motivator to get moving! (Of course, some days take more motivating than others...) Don't think about it too long, just do it!
DIY spa day...on the cheap. TJ Maxx or Ross often have a great selection of products for a lot less than their retail price. It's a great way to treat yourself without breaking the bank.

What ways can you set aside time to just be?
Leave a comment here!

~VP~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so bad about taking time for myself! I notice that when I do, I feel so refreshed! One of my favorite things to do is paint my nails. I buy a new color every month or so. It's always a fun treat and adds a pop of color! It always makes me feel more put together (until it all starts chipping and I don't redo it...) :)

Julie, The Tiny Librarian said...

I am definitely going to have try that body butter...it sounds amazing! I feel like I can smell it through the screen. :)

Also, your ways to relax are almost identical to my own. So glad to have found your inspiring blog...following you now. :)
Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!