August 16, 2012

Rock (the) Liebster!





So, on Tuesday I was nominated for a Liebster Award by Courtney! I was surprised and excited at the opportunity to talk more about myself (only slightly kidding...) and to learn more about some of you! 

Here are the rules:

1. Each person must list 11 random things about themselves. 
2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you, and you must also create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you present this award to. 
3. Choose up to 11 bloggers, linking them to your post. 
4. Go to their blog and inform them of the nomination. 
5. Absolutely NO tag-backs! 
6. Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers.

Here are my eleven random facts:

1. I've always been obsessed with finding out what I'm meant to do with my life.
2. My favorite food is mashed potatoes and gravy.
3. I've never been able to do a pull-up.
4. I always order my cheeseburgers plain.
5. I have a knack for meeting famous people (it's true- Nicolas Cage on a roller coaster, Sigourney Weaver in Williams Sonoma... just to name a couple!).
6. I am very competitive. Like Ricky Bobby says, "If you're not first, you're last." (I'm working on it.)
7. I love getting my back scratched. If I could pay someone to scratch my back for an hour instead of a massage, I totally would.
8. I lived in Germany a few years ago. I miss it!
9. As a third-grader, I once attempted to sneak out of school to get lunch across the street at Taco Bell. (I managed to get out of the school unnoticed, but was caught in the parking lot by a random parent. Foiled again!)
10. I HATE TWILIGHT.
11. I could watch Bravo TV all day.

Here are Courtney's questions:

1. What color describes you? Probably red
2. What movie could you watch over and over again? Love Actually 
3. What's your worst habit? Procrastination
4. What's your biggest goal? To raise Miles as a gentleman (and a scholar). No big.
5. Who's your favorite actor and actress? Ooh- Colin Firth and Meryl Streep
6. Where's the best place you've ever visited? Definitely Bavaria
7. Where's the one place you hope to go someday? Rome
8. What's the most interesting thing on your bucket list? To be able to do a pull-up
9. What's your favorite song? Claire de Lune by Debussy
10. What kind of phone do you have? An iPhone 4S (I love you, Siri!)
11. What's on your to-do list today? To finish this blog post, find two more Lemony Snickett books for my sister, and to fill the gas tank in my car.

I nominate (drumroll...):

Chrystal from It's Fairly Obvious
Lisa from Expandng
Kerry Louise from Oh So Amelia
Whitney from The Sweetest Things
Sable from Squat Like a Lady
Sarah from Family Darr
Michaela from Au Naturel Design
Tori from Lil' Mrs. Tori

My questions for you ladies are:

1. Who is your celebrity doppelganger?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. Flats, heels, or wedges?
4. What's the hairstyle you've always thought about trying, but would never actually attempt?
5. What is your must-have beauty product?
6. Who is your favorite musician?
7. What is your favorite magazine?
8. Are you an early riser or do you like to sleep in?
9. Cats or dogs?
10. What is your dream job?
11. What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?

I look forward to seeing your answers and I'm so happy to have connected with each and every one of you ladies out here in the blogosphere. 

Don't forget to enter this month's giveaway if you haven't already!



4 comments:

Valerie said...

Congrats! :)

-♡ Valerie Angel
Check out and follow my blog for beauty and fashion updates!

lisacng said...

LOL, cheeseburgers no cheese? Or you mean no condiments? And whoa on the celeb meetings! Did you say HI? Did you take pics? Autographs? *Gasp* Hate Twilight? I'm caught up in it. Not the books. Just the movies. LOL, a pull-up on your bucket list! Aw, and TKS for nominating me! I will try to answer these by this week :). I'm honored to be your friend! CONGRATS on the award!

Sable Weisman said...

I used to order cheeseburgers completely plain too! No cheese, no onions, no ketchup, mustard, lettuce - just a burger and a bun. haha!

Veralynn said...

@ Lisa and Sable- I meant condiments! I can't stand all those extras on a perfectly good cheeseburger (I don't like them separately either. Pickles are probably my least favorite food). I do order cheese! I love cheese!

@ Lisa again- You're so funny. I'd like to say I'm not starstruck, but I totally am. Each time, I get all nervous and then go up to them and try to say hi but then say something totally random like, "I loved you in 'Dave'..." :/ And I just can't bring myself to enjoy Twilight. I just can't! And the pull-up is on my bucket list because it would signify a bigger accomplishment, like me actually sticking to a fitness goal! haha I can't wait to see your answers!