Morgan the other day to embark on the challenge to purge a lot of unnecessary clutter from my home. This is by no means an easy task- Parker and I have a knack for holding on to things like you wouldn't believe. Some things are sweet (like our old letters from when we were dating), but some things are just plain old. For example, Parker likes to hold on to old faded T-shirts from high school. He finds it sentimental- I don't get it. Although to be fair, he's probably just as puzzled with the amount of hair and beauty products I hold onto. (That's right, I'm a product hoarder.) I don't really have a lot of makeup, because generally my routine is very simple- another post for another time- but I have tons of different hair, skincare, and lip products. As I was cleaning, I found my five favorite lipsticks and thought it'd be fun to share in case anyone's in the market for a new color to add to their collection.
1. Lips au naturale
2. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine 57, Aventure- $32.50:The Chanel I like because it is very light and sheer- I find myself reaching for this one the most on a daily basis because it's just a comfortable, pretty shade.
3. MAC Cremesheen A32, Speed Dial- $14.50: The MAC is a non-sheer bright pink that is bold but not too bold (like I wrote about here).
4. Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Color, Bare Lips- $22.00: The Laura Mercier shade is a great neutral- I remember buying this specifically for work.
5. Maybelline Moisture Extreme 545, Dark Rosewood- £4.09: I first bought this Maybelline lipstick when I lived in Munich; not only does it smell great, it's more like a heavily tinted lip balm. I like that you can wear it very lightly or layer it for full effect.
6. Palladio Herbal Lipstick, Coral Punch- $5.99: Palladio is actually one of my favorite makeup brands- I use their rice paper and liquid eyeliner- and this is their take on the very popular red orange trend. It is intense but it's still one of my favorites.
There you have it! I'll admit, I never thought I'd post an entry on makeup because I'm not by any means an expert on the topic- however, I've found that even just a quick swipe of color across my lips can help me feel more put together and pretty on most days when my accessories are a baby on my hip and a coffee in my hand!
What's your favorite lip color? I'd love to hear!
Part of The Naptime Review's Mom's Monday Mingle.