July 18, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

Nice jeans, Mom!
 I'm celebrating another July birthday today (you'd be amazed how many of my family member's birthdays are in July)- my mom! She is a strong, determined, kind, and fiercely protective mama who I am very thankful to have in my life! I came across a photo today of her and me when I was about four or five and it's one of my favorite photos of us because she has that "mommy love" look on her face that I feel with Miles- just so blissfully happy to love and be loved by her little one. There are a lot of things that she was a stickler for when I was growing up that I still find myself hearing her voice with even as an adult- for example, correct grammar (especially "he and I" or "him and me") or how to determine the appropriate length of shorts or the right fit of swimsuits when shopping for summer (a source of endless frustration for the teenage me, but helpful now- no one wants to see Queen Victoria if you know what I mean!). Needless to say, I appreciate her and love her to pieces. Happy Birthday Mom!


Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy again for What I Wore Wednesday. I'm just now starting feel more like my normal self after my cold (how sad is it to get sick in the summer?) and I decided to will myself back to full strength by not dressing like I'm sick (also known as a black hoodie and grey yoga pants) and putting my bronzer to good use. Here are the details:


Gold leaf earrings: Pac Sun
Cardigan: Forever 21
Top: Target
Cargo jeans: Pac Sun
Gold flower sandals: Steve Madden


I hope you all are having a great week! 











11 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE your moms jeans lol! and LOVE your shoes and messy up to do!!
happy wednedsay!!
xoxo
manda
forloveofacupcake.blogspot.com

Chandra said...

I have the same cardi...now just wishing I had a pair of those shoes! Stopping by from WIWW...enjoy your day :)

chandra
astylishlittlelady.com

Unknown said...

Cute shoes!! New follower from WWW. hope to get a follow back!

lisacng said...

That is the sweetest photo of your mom and you (is that correct grammar???). I love you looking into camera! And you look great. Nice add of sparkle! And sorry you were sick. Summer colds are the WORST! By the way, I'm back on the blogging scene! same URL expandng.com.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

What a sweet pic! LOVE the sandals! Happy Birthday mom!

lucia m said...

loving your sandals!

xx

www.aroundlucia.com
www.aroundlucia.com

Amy Shaughnessy said...

Cute sandals! I just had the worst cold ever (for 2 weeks!) and was completely miserable. So weird to get sick like that in the summer.

Amy

Fashion and Beauty Finds

cate @ wild ruffle said...

Happy birthday to your mom! And I'm loving your fun gold shoes:)

henning love said...

your outfit is so cute!! where on the central coast do you live by the way?

henning love said...

my parents in law live in santa maria and my aunt and uncle live in morro bay. my husband's best friend live in san luis obispo and we are up there quite often! i love SLO can't believe you are lucky enough to live there

Kate Greer said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Great outfit! It look so comfy! I'm a big cardigan girl when fall hits!

--www.katelyngreer.com