July 29, 2012

Our Week (In a Nutshell)

Whew! I just finished my political science summer course tonight, and I have to say that it is such a relief that it's done and I am proud of myself for pushing through this intensive course in such a short amount of time. Now, only about a week and a half left of my psychology course, a ten-day break, and then it's time to jump into the fall semester! I'm taking Intro to Chinese, two business courses, a history course, and Intermediate Piano. It should be a fun and busy semester. Let's backtrack a little to the beginning of this week. I left off last week with my family getting together to play Phase 10. As we all were leaving, my brother Ernie and I decided to stop by the convenience store to buy a lotto scratcher (we like to do this every now and again). We each got one and kept winning free tickets until I won $3, bought three more scratchers, and then didn't win anything (moral of the story: stop while you're ahead!). 

This week was rough in that Parker was working so much. I felt like I hardly saw him- and to be truthful, I hardly did- but chose to take advantage of the time by enjoying my family, getting out of the house (like I wrote about here), and just enjoying the beautiful weather. It was such a relief when the weekend came, though. Parker is a gentleman and a comedian all rolled into one handsome guy. Firstly, when it was "that time of the month"- or Shark Week as he likes to call it- I was feeling miserable and went into the bathroom to do my hair and makeup for the day. As I walked out, there was my sweet husband with a glass of water and two Tylenol (gentleman). Yesterday morning, I notice that Parker is wearing the weirdest T-shirt I didn't even know he owned (it's from the movie A Christmas Story and has a picture of a kid's face with his tongue stuck to a metal pole) and said something about it. He goes, "It was in the back of my closet, so I decided to wear bring it out for 'What I Wore Saturday'!" and then proceeds to be a goofball while I snap a quick picture (comedian).

Today marks Miles turning seven months old! I really can't believe it. This will probably fade as Miles gets older, but every month so far I've looked back and remembered the day he was born- all the details of how I felt that day, the anticipation of knowing that I was about to meet my son. Little did I know just how much my love for him would grow from the moment we met. Even when he reached a relatively small developmental milestone like rolling over from back to stomach I felt so proud, like it was the biggest accomplishment in the world. I love you, Miles!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Shark week. Hah hah. New follower.

Melissa said...

hey girl! Just found you today...and I couldnt help but smile...I have a Joie de vivre sign in my shop!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/101546601/joie-de-vivre-french-inspired-sign

love it! such a creative blog title!

Sable Weisman said...

Congrats on finishing the summer class! I am jealous =( one of my summer classes just finished and the other two end on August 7th.... God help me. haha

lisacng said...

Miles is tooo toooo cute! And taking Chinese, that's my language. Well, my second language since I grew up in the states. Ni hao!

Veralynn said...

@ Lisa- Really?! I have been literally begging my local college to offer Chinese for a long time. It's not exactly one you can learn easily on your own! My dream would be to be able to speak it well...I'm so jealous! I love it!

lisacng said...

I can rec some children's books in Chinese (that I have yet to buy but are on my to-buy list). They can help you get an easy start. I grew up speaking Chinese but didn't really "get the hang of it" until I lived in Taiwan for 2 yrs after college.

Veralynn said...

I'd love to know what books you recommend. Shoot me an email? I thought about taking private tutoring lessons but they are so pricey!

Priscila@mommode said...

Congrats on finishing your class! I don't know how you do it with a baby... Im still putting off grad school because I just don't know if I could it with a toddler...