July 11, 2012

What I Wore Wednesday

This week, I was really looking forward to Wednesday because it's my husband's birthday! And boy, do I love birthdays- I think they're almost as great as the holidays. Parker doesn't feel the same way at all (Christmas is by far his favorite day of the year!), but I try to make his birthday amazing anyway. I got him subscriptions to two of his favorite magazines- Mental Floss and Time...nerd alert!- along with a new watch, since I had just realized the one he currently wears fastens with Velcro (second nerd alert- I love you honey)! Miles and I went in search of suitable birthday cards, and emerged from the store triumphant with cards that were not too mushy, not too "funny", but just right. Once we got home, I let Miles play to his heart's content in the bouncer while I got to work on the finishing touches of Parker's present. When it was time to work on Miles's card to Parker, I decided to try tracing my little guy's hand as a cute touch. It was hilarious! I was laughing, Miles was laughing, and he was moving...a lot. But we finally got it done, and then went outside to sit on the driveway waiting for Parker to get home from work. He loved his gifts- mission accomplished!

Now, on to What I Wore Wednesday (once again linking up with The Pleated Poppy. It's been a bit foggy here in the mornings, and I took that as a great excuse to bring out this sweater (which I love!). Also, I didn't do anything to my hair except throw it into a messy bun- this is my go-to hair "style" (if you could even call it that...there really isn't any styling involved) when I'm busy studying, or just feeling lazy. Here are the details:

Sweater: Kensie 
Necklace: Target
Grey tee: thrifted
Jeans: Seven for All Mankind
Moccasins: Minnetonka

Happy Wednesday everyone! Don't forget to enter my July giveaway- you have until the end of Sunday to enter!

4 comments:

chrystal said...

You always look so happy! Whenever I see pics of you smiling, no matter how shitty of the modo I'm in, they make me smile!!! So cute doll!

Sable Weisman said...

Super cute outfit - and it sounds like a wonderful birthday! <3

Melaina25 said...

Love your sweater and the moccasins are too cute!

Hope to see you linked up at What I Wore Wednesday Just grab the badge or link and comment and you're good to go!

lisacng said...

Cute moccasins and happy birthday to the hubs!