July 9, 2012

Our Week (In a Nutshell)

Happy Monday, everyone! I just realized that I completely forgot to do our recap post last week- the combination of Miles turning six months, enjoying the experience of him starting solid foods, studying, and Parker home with a bit of extra time off last week was just completely time-consuming in the best way!

This past week has been so much fun, I don't know where to start- I suppose I can backtrack a little bit with Miles starting solid food. So far he has tried bananas, watermelon, strawberries, apple slices, chicken, beef, carrots, strips of pancake, scrambled egg (don't worry, it was egg-yolks only- I got called out on Instagram for not clarifying!), and his absolute favorite- clementine slices. He loves gumming the little slices to absolute oblivion, dropping them, and then looking over at me (that's my cue to hand him another). I think it must feel good on his gums- he's got a tooth coming in, but it's not where I expected at all! It's on the bottom on the right side of his mouth- isn't that interesting? I thought for sure he'd be getting some of his front teeth first. In any case, he loves clementines. I'm really happy that he's had no adverse reactions to any of the foods he's tried thus far. 

Since Parker had a little extra time off this week, we started the Couch to 5K program (which I mentioned in last week's WIWW post) and I hate it. With a passion. Firstly, I hate running. And secondly...I hate running. I'd much rather do two P90X workouts back to back than go for a run. One time this week, my two little sisters joined us and it was absolutely hilarious- I do not miss the years of teen angst, let me just say! The combination of, "People can see us! I look fat!" (girlfriend, please) to "Veralynnnn, I wish you could go get the car..." and then lots of giggling. Parker noted that there usually isn't quite so much girlish laughter on his workouts...poor guy, at least he had Miles to commiserate with. We ran around in the sprinklers once we got home while Parker and Miles pointed and laughed. I love my sisters!

Gotta love Rosie Pope!
Thursday afternoon my sister from another mister, Deja, came over to chat while I baked. Let me tell you something about Deja- she doesn't like to just sit back and chat in the kitchen while I pretend I'm a baker extraordinaire/domestic goddess. Nope, nine out of ten times she comes over she starts cleaning (I don't know if you were aware, but I'm not really a neat freak). I used to try and stop her, but now she pretty much has free reign and cleans as she pleases while I cook. We get so much done when she's over, because I wind up cleaning too and before I know it- voila!- the house is clean and there's two loaves of challah in the oven. Then we sit on the couch to watch Pregnant in Heels, and good times are had by all. 

My sis-in-law Jessica and I went to the farmer's market in SLO on Thursday night. I really do enjoy a good farmer's market, and this one is tough to beat. We noshed on Mediterranean pita wraps for dinner, savored freshly-baked chocolate eclairs, and sampled many other treats. What did I walk away with this week? A jar of the best strawberry jam I've ever had, a quart of fresh milk (so delicious), and a very happy stomach! 

The rest of the week and weekend was mostly filled with studying and just "laying about the castle", as Parker likes to say. My courses are going great and the summer session is just flying by- thank goodness!

I hope you all are having a fantastic Monday- don't forget to enter this month's giveaway!

4 comments:

Bubble My Licorice said...

what a lovely post :)
I adore it!!

http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

lisacng said...

The baby food sounds delicious!!!

Julie, The Tiny Librarian said...

I agree with hating running. I would take any high intensity training/boot camp, etc. over running! And I don't miss those teen years either. :) Good luck in your courses!

Anonymous said...

Your week sounds awesome, well not the running part :P I go to a farmer's market but I wish we had a good one that was walking distance! x