July 26, 2012

Sometimes I Just Shake My Head at Myself...

Must...save...laptop...
Yesterday, I found myself doing the most ridiculous thing. I had grabbed the laptop from our living room and brought it into bed with me (mistake- let's leave technology out of the bed!) during Miles's morning nap, and all of a sudden a notification popped up for a low battery. I ignored it initially, trying to finish up what I was doing, but then it started going into hibernation mode. I jumped out of bed frantically, and ran down the hallway back to the living room to get the power cord as if I were responding to a Code Blue on Grey's Anatomy. Sadly, I felt probably felt just a little less relieved to get my laptop revived than a surgical resident bringing back their patient from the brink. 

This got me thinking: technology probably has a way higher spot on my priority list than it should. Sure, it's so great to be able to journal my thoughts and happenings and share them all with you- and yes, computers and phones are wonderful for so many reasons (like this, this, and this). But sometimes, it's good to focus on actually doing instead of just watching someone else take charge (hello, Fitness section on Pinterest). So, today Miles and I went to the farmer's market and bought fresh fruit, eggs, and flowers instead of doing our same ol' same ol' at home. It wasn't a big deal, but it was a whole lot of fun to wear Miles around the market and let him try a slice of peach for the first time. He was definitely a fan.

Are you all addicted to technology, too? Or am I the only one? :) 

3 comments:

lisacng said...

Addicted? Me? Heck ya! It's weird sitting down to watch TV without my phone in hand! And reading a magazine is like foreign ;). I love that you "wore" Miles to the farmer's market! I love baby-wearing mommies and daddies. Great to be outside! I try to limit my phone use to after J's in bed. And definitely no computer use unless he's napping or it's bed time. Good luck balancing it all!

mamarae28 said...

I totally know where you're coming from! Sometimes its so good to unplug and get out into the 'real' world. I stay home with my son 3-4 days out of the week and try to force myself out of the house as much as possible. Farmer's markets are always a good choice! :) Oh and new follower from the blog hop! :)

Unknown said...

sickly addicted! love christina haha

drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello :)

have a good one!